At 39 weeks even, today I'm officially the most pregnant I've ever been. At this point with Claire I was in the middle of a 25-hour stretch of labor; she was born six days before her due date. I have no signs whatsoever of labor, but I didn't with her, either, so I suppose he could come anytime.
At my 38-week appointment last Thursday I was 1 cm. dilated. At Amanda's 38-week appointment she was 5 cm. dilated and was holding her baby four hours later. I wonder who's living right?
When I made my 39-week appointment (for this Thursday morning) the secretary gave me the doctors' on-call schedule. I would strongly prefer that Evan be delivered by one of two doctors at the practice, and they happen to be on call for a combined five days this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up.
When Matt gets home I'll try to remember to get him to take a belly picture, since (hopefully) the baby bump will be gone soon. I have actually lost two pounds in the past couple of weeks -- due, I'm sure, to my muscles wasting away from not running in a week -- but my stomach is huge. Friends and strangers alike enjoy exclaiming over it. The bigger issue is that this baby is just crazy low -- I really don't think he could drop any lower. I only own two shirts that fully cover my stomach. It's so low that even underwear doesn't fit right anymore, never mind my jeans. I cannot wait to be back in my regular clothes.
I haven't had an ultrasound since the gender-reveal one and none of the doctors have estimated Evan's weight, but I have a feeling this is going to be a big baby. Come soon, little man!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
One of my least favorite things about pregnancy is people commenting on how big you are. Like I don't know - it's MY body! Thanks for continuing to point it out! I happen to think you look so beautiful pregnant and not big at all.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am a big believer in sex inducing labor so if you can do it any more than usual, go for it! Haha :)
I smiled soooo big about your underwear not fitting right. Ha! I got the funniest mental image with that one.
ReplyDeleteI 2nd Amanda's comments about how awesome you look, but I know you're ready to have him and that's that. I'm all for the sex induction too, but the night before I went into labor, we watched a reeeeally funny movie, Josh massaged my feet and we asked God to end the pregnancy that weekend (Josh was too tired to say "yes" to my pleas. heehee). I'm not sure if any or all 3 of those things had anything to do with my labor starting, but it couldn't hurt to try! :O)