Friday, October 8, 2010

Gettin' low

Yesterday was my 36-week appointment. As usual, no excitement, except that I continue to gain weight at an astounding rate. 2 pounds per week for the past three weeks! With Claire there was one month somewhere midway through the pregnancy where I gained most of my weight, and otherwise it was just a pound here and a pound there. This time it's been more steady and (generally) slow and I've also already gained five pounds more than I did last time, which isn't surprising because I am working out maybe a third to half as much as I did with Claire.

I suspected Evan had dropped sometime in the past week because I'd noticed my pants were fitting differently, and my measurements yesterday confirmed that he had. Claire dropped about three weeks before she was born, so we'll see if that holds true with Evan.

Matt's gone camping with the guys this weekend, and as long as I don't go into labor while he's away, it's actually good timing. I really really need to finish these stories that are due soon. I keep saying I'm not going to accept more assignments until after the baby comes, but it's hard not to. Money comes in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment