Monday, August 2, 2010

And he shall be called ...

Evan Bryce Kirby. My only hangup with Evan is that it's gotten so popular, but all of the boy names we really like are popular. Anyway, Bryce is much less common so helps balance it, I think.

And here's a belly shot. It is kind of a strange picture, taken while I was playing cornhole at the beach a few weeks ago. So it's from when I was probably 24 weeks pregnant. I have not taken a posed belly shot photo this whole pregnancy but maybe one of these days I will.

This might sound crazy and I might be imagining it, but I do think I'm carrying this baby Evan differently from how I carried Claire. I think he sits low, whereas she was always high until the last couple of weeks, when she dropped.

I've arrived at that lovely stage of pregnancy where I have to pee all the time. Before I leave for a run I think through my route and make sure there are places for pit stops (woods, port-a-potties or even actual bathroom facilities). With Claire it seems like this only lasted a few weeks, so I'm hoping for the same this time.

I just read on Claire's blog that 27 weeks, which I am today, marks the beginning of the third trimester. I can't believe we're two-thirds of the way there -- this one is flying by!

5 comments:

  1. I love the name. I can honestly say I see new names everyday and I do not have an Evan. Evan is a great name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer - I came across your blog via Kylie's and read about your new pregnancy. I believe you're about 4-5 weeks behind me as I am also expecting another baby. We named our first child Evan with the intention of carrying on my maiden name, but I also found the name to be overly popularized. I was surprised. We're expecting a girl this time and we again have gone the family route in choosing a name. It sure does make explaining your choice so much easier.
    Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
    Visit my blog at www.evangarland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Evan already. Can't wait to meet him! For what its worth, I think Gracie felt much lower than Emmy did too. I'm sure there's some anatomical reason why-- and it might make you feel better to know that didn't have a thing to do with the baby's size, since Grace was smaller than Em's. Glad to hear you're doing well. Love!

    ReplyDelete