Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The plan

This afternoon I had my 40 weeks (and 1 day) appointment. I'm 2 cm. dilated and about 80 percent effaced, which isn't that impressive, but on the other hand I didn't get to that point with Claire until almost 12 hours after my water had broken.

I am still hoping to go into labor naturally, but we scheduled an induction for this Friday if things don't start rolling on their own before then. It's impossible for me not to overthink this, and I'm sure it will be fine no matter how it plays out, but I think I'm comfortable with this plan.

There is one doctor I very much do not want to deliver Evan and that doctor happens to be on vacation until Monday. My first-choice doctor (who knows me, knows how to use forceps and reportedly does a good job with circumcisions) is on call Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. He promised me this labor will not span three days like Claire's did.

I'm curious whether things will progress naturally. I've never had contractions without Pitocin -- not even Braxton Hicks contractions. I have no idea why, or whether this is common.

Anyway, that's the update. We'll post news on Facebook as it happens and Matt will also send out email updates, I'm sure. Here's hoping things go more smoothly than last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment