Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hello, Mr. Mango

So this November baby is a boy after all! A very obvious boy ... I could say I'll scan and post ultrasound pictures, but I've already made two such empty promises on this blog, so I'll hold off.

I should have posted a final call before yesterday's ultrasound, but Matt and others who have been around me will vouch that I had come to strongly feel that it was a boy. It's really nice to know for sure, though -- now we can seriously think about names and find some more manly crib sheets.

I have NO IDEA how people who don't find out the sex can stand the suspense. Even if they don't have a preference, which we haven't either time. I have nowhere near that much self-discipline. Five months of waiting and wondering is plenty for both me and Matt.

Apparently this is one active kid. The ultrasound tech kept commenting on how all-over-the-place he was, and it's true -- I don't remember feeling Claire's movements so obviously until several weeks later in the pregnancy, although the difference may just be that now I know what it feels like for a baby to do somersaults in my stomach. He weighs about 9 ounces and everything looks perfect.

Hope to have a name announcement soon!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! He is going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I got your letter in the mail last week and it made my day! =)

    p.p.s. I think I would be one of the ones to wait until the baby is born to find out the sex, but mostly because everyone in my family does that. But I'm glad to know what you and Matt are expecting.

    I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you are the single most disciplined person I know, I guess that makes sense. :) Glad you got the letter and I MISS YOU TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you couldn't wait to find out the sex of the baby, because I couldn't wait either. Congrats to you and Matt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright Jennifer, enough with the waiting game... I want to hear baby boy Kirby's name already!! :) Just kidding, sort of, hope you all are well! xo

    ReplyDelete