Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Another baby!

I think I'm about 7.5 weeks pregnant, so I guess it's time to start another baby blog. I doubt this one will be as detailed as Claire's, and it's mostly her fault. Not so much time for blogging anymore!

My first doctor's appointment is Thursday so I should have an official due date then, but based on when I think I ovulated, I should be due around Nov. 5. That means Claire and this baby will be only 16 months apart, but because of how the birthdays fall, they'll be two grades apart. With the kindergarten cutoff date being Aug. 31 now, and Claire's birthday July 2, that was almost inevitable.

I'm feeling fine so far, but not as great as I did with Claire. Mainly, I'm beyond exhausted most days. I don't know if that's a sign of this pregnancy being "different" or just a sign that I'm taking care of an 8-month-old day, including still breastfeeding her, this time around. I definitely had a phase of extreme tiredness while pregnant with Claire -- I would come home from work and sleep on the couch for several hours before going to bed -- but it didn't hit this early or this hard.

This is a very long shot, but I have to note it for the record just in case I'm right. Maybe my tiredness is exacerbated by being pregnant with twins. Probably not, but when I was charting my temperatures I did have what could have been a second implantation dip. I'm not giving it much credibility at all because a) I wasn't charting very meticulously and b) my temperatures weren't that reliable because they were taken just an hour or two after Claire's early morning feeding (she usually sleeps through the night until eating around 5:30 a.m., then sleeps a couple more hours).

While we're making calls, I'll go ahead and predict that this is a boy, too. That's just my gut feeling and I know it's basically just a guess. All I know is that from the beginning of my Claire pregnancy, every time I thought of the baby or prayed for it I automatically referred to it as "she" and "her." And now it's "he" and "him."

My food aversions didn't hit until the beginning of the second trimester with Claire, but they're here in full force now. So many foods don't sound good -- it's not that the thought of them makes me feel sick or anything, but they just sound unappealing. I'm liking a lot of fresh stuff, and relatively bland stuff. I am so ready for the farmers markets to open again.

I also almost had my first-ever bout of morning sickness last weekend. Friday night Claire and I spent the night at Sallie's house, along with Maegan and her babies. Saturday morning Sallie had to go to work early, and Maegan had to get on the road because her dad was coming into town for a visit, so there was about a 15-minute interval before the babysitter arrived when I was watching Claire and both of Sallie's kids. We were playing on the floor when all of the sudden I thought, "I am going to puke." I headed straight for the toilet and stayed there for a minute, but it passed. Then I ate a bunch of saltines.

I know that's not much of a story as far as morning sickness goes, but I never had even a touch of queasiness with Claire. There's basically nothing I dislike as much as throwing up, so I will be ever so grateful if Saturday's almost-episode was just a fluke.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm sorry you got sick at my house! It was probably my kids fault somehow. I hope that's the last of your morning sickness too. Also, for the record, I am looking forward to reading your baby blog since I enjoyed Claire's so much. But I also understand how hard it is to blog with little ones! So excited for you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knock on wood, that's the only moment of nausea I've had. Thanks for sharing your saltines!

    ReplyDelete